Most of the portfolio I produced for my PhD was developed using Silverlight, an environment which is now largely obsolete. When I started coding my research, HTML5 was simply incapable of some of the more complex computational audiovisual processes I was developing. So I chose Silverlight because of the power of the underlying .NET platform and my familiarity with the programming environment. Towards the end of my research, I also started taking some of the more simple techniques into HTML5 as it was clear that Silverlight was going to have a limited shelf life.
Below is my first attempt to start migrating some of the more interesting visual aspects and techniques from my research portfolio into HTML5. I’m using some of the HTML5 beta features of Corona, a development environment that I also use to develop my apps “London Explorer” and “London Streets” (both available on the App Store and Google Play).
To get this sample working you’ll need to click on the image … one day hopefully I’ll be able to embed interactive HTML5 stuff directly on this site.
More to come.